City of Brimbank
Local workers - Occupations - Education and Training
In the City of Brimbank (Education and Training), 63.8% of workers were Professionals, compared to 61.7% in Victoria.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the City of Brimbank will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the City of Brimbank;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|City of Brimbank - Education and Training||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||157||2.8||2.8||139||2.8||3.1||+18|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||1,028||18.3||15.6||749||15.3||13.5||+279|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||407||7.3||9.6||449||9.2||10.3||-42|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||22||0.4||0.2||13||0.3||0.2||+9|
|Inadequately described or not stated||21||0.4||0.5||34||0.7||0.9||-13|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the Education and Training workforce in the City of Brimbank in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (3,575 local workers or 63.8%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (1,028 local workers or 18.3%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (407 local workers or 7.3%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 5,010 people in total or 89.4% of the Education and Training local workers.
In comparison, Victoria employed 61.7% as Professionals; 15.6% as Community and Personal Service Workers and 9.6% as Clerical and Administrative Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the Education and Training workforce in the City of Brimbank and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of local workers(Education and Training) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (18.3% compared to 15.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Education and Training) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (7.3% compared to 9.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Education and Training) employed as Managers (5.3% compared to 7.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers(Education and Training) employed as Professionals (63.8% compared to 61.7%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the Education and Training workforce in the City of Brimbank between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Professionals (+411 local workers)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+279 local workers)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-42 local workers)
- Managers (+25 local workers)