In the City of Brimbank (Other Services), 53.2% of workers were Technicians and Trades Workers, compared to 43.9% in Victoria.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the City of Brimbank will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the City of Brimbank;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|City of Brimbank - Other Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||1,256||53.2||43.9||1,035||53.7||45.8||+221|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||226||9.6||15.2||208||10.8||12.8||+18|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||214||9.1||10.5||185||9.6||11.6||+29|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||62||2.6||1.6||41||2.1||1.7||+21|
|Inadequately described or not stated||17||0.7||0.7||24||1.2||1.1||-7|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the Other Services workforce in the City of Brimbank in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (1,256 local workers or 53.2%)
- Labourers (252 local workers or 10.7%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (226 local workers or 9.6%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 1,734 people in total or 73.5% of the Other Services local workers.
In comparison, Victoria employed 43.9% as Technicians and Trades Workers; 8.4% as Labourers and 15.2% as Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the Other Services workforce in the City of Brimbank and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of local workers(Other Services) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (53.2% compared to 43.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Other Services) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (9.6% compared to 15.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Other Services) employed as Professionals (5.3% compared to 9.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers(Other Services) employed as Labourers (10.7% compared to 8.4%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the Other Services workforce in the City of Brimbank between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+221 local workers)
- Labourers (+68 local workers)
- Managers (+45 local workers)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (+29 local workers)