City of Brimbank
Local female workers - Occupations - All industries
In the City of Brimbank, 24.8% of female workers were Professionals, compared to 41.4% in Wholesale Trade.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the City of Brimbank will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the City of Brimbank;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|City of Brimbank - All industries - Females||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Wholesale Trade||Number||%||Wholesale Trade||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||1,085||3.9||2.6||1,040||4.2||1.4||+45|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||4,389||15.7||0.3||3,632||14.8||0||+757|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||6,092||21.7||41.4||5,865||23.9||44.2||+227|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||965||3.4||8.1||894||3.6||10.8||+71|
|Inadequately described or not stated||505||1.8||1.1||544||2.2||1.7||-39|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries female workforce in the City of Brimbank in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (6,940 local workers or 24.8%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (6,092 local workers or 21.7%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (4,389 local workers or 15.7%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 17,421 people in total or 62.1% of the All industries female local workers.
In comparison, the Wholesale Trade workforce in the City of Brimbank employed 14.0% as Professionals; 41.4% as Clerical and Administrative Workers and 0.3% as Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the female workforce in the City of Brimbank and Wholesale Trade were:
- A smaller percentage of female local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (21.7% compared to 41.4%)
- A larger percentage of female local workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (15.7% compared to 0.3%)
- A larger percentage of female local workers employed as Professionals (24.8% compared to 14.0%)
- A smaller percentage of female local workers employed as Managers (7.7% compared to 13.8%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the female workforce in the City of Brimbank between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Professionals (+1,478 female local workers)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+757 female local workers)
- Managers (+364 female local workers)
- Sales Workers (+323 female local workers)