35.5% of All industries local workers in Broken Hill City are employed part-time and 62.1% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in Monash across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|Broken Hill City - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Health Care and Social Assistance%||Number||%||Health Care and Social Assistance%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||749||10.9||5.9||710||10.4||5.5||+39|
|16 hours - 24 hours||566||8.3||8.2||563||8.2||11.4||+3|
|25 hours - 34 hours||798||11.7||15.2||746||10.9||18.5||+52|
|35 hours - 39 hours||1,429||20.9||21.0||1,289||18.8||19.2||+140|
|41 hours - 48 hours||562||8.2||4.8||612||8.9||5.0||-50|
|49 hours or more||1,175||17.2||8.7||1,253||18.3||9.4||-78|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in Broken Hill City in 2016 compared to the Health Care and Social Assistance workforce within Broken Hill City shows that there was a lower proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 35.5% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 62.1% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.6% and 63.0% respectively for the Health Care and Social Assistance workforce within City of Monash.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in Broken Hill City and the Health Care and Social Assistance workforce were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (10.9% compared to 5.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 25 hours - 34 hours (11.7% compared to 15.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (15.9% compared to 28.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (17.2% compared to 8.7%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in Broken Hill City between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+140 local workers)
- 49 hours or more (-78 local workers)
- 40 hours (-68 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+52 local workers)