There are more resident workers (All industries) qualified in Management and Commerce in Camden Council area than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among Camden Council area's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in Camden Council area or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of Camden Council area, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|Camden Council area - Persons||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Health Care and Social Assistance||Number||%||Health Care and Social Assistance||2011 - 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||479||1.2||1.6||342||1.2||1.5||+137|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||4,845||12.1||1.3||3,772||13.1||1.4||+1,073|
|Architecture and Building||2,176||5.4||0.3||1,445||5.0||0.5||+731|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||487||1.2||0.3||350||1.2||0.2||+137|
|Management and Commerce||5,773||14.4||10.0||3,700||12.9||9.4||+2,073|
|Society and Culture||3,173||7.9||18.8||1,900||6.6||15.7||+1,273|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||1,303||3.3||1.9||883||3.1||2.4||+420|
|Mixed Field Programmes||20||0.0||0.1||13||0.0||0||+7|
|Not stated or inadequately described||921||2.3||1.7||952||3.3||2.6||-31|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the field of qualifications in Camden Council area shows that the three largest fields the resident workers (All industries) were qualified in were:
- Management and Commerce (5,773 people or 14.4%)
- Engineering and Related Technologies (4,845 people or 12.1%)
- Society and Culture (3,173 people or 7.9%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 13,791 people in total or 34.4% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, the Health Care and Social Assistance workforce in Camden Council area employed 10.0% in Management and Commerce; 1.3% in Engineering and Related Technologies and 18.8% in Society and Culture.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers () of Camden Council area and the Health Care and Social Assistance workforce were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Health (5.8% compared to 38.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Society and Culture (7.9% compared to 18.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Engineering and Related Technologies (12.1% compared to 1.3%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Architecture and Building (5.4% compared to 0.3%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in Camden Council area increased by 11,248 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (All industries) between 2011 and 2016 in Camden Council area was for those qualified in:
- Management and Commerce (+2,073 resident workers)
- Society and Culture (+1,273 resident workers)
- Engineering and Related Technologies (+1,073 resident workers)
- Education (+958 resident workers)