Camden Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
47.7% of the resident workers in Camden Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 37.5% in Administrative and Support Services.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Camden Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Camden Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Camden Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Administrative and Support Services%||Number||%||Administrative and Support Services%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||3,674||9.2||14.0||2,714||9.4||14.0||+960||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||3,563||8.9||13.5||2,601||9.0||9.0||+962||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||3,689||9.2||10.7||2,446||8.5||12.5||+1,243||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||7,841||19.6||19.8||5,281||18.4||21.6||+2,560||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||4,052||10.1||6.8||3,132||10.9||8.5||+920||22007|
|49 hours or more||6,795||17.0||9.7||5,249||18.2||11.0||+1,546||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Camden Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to Administrative and Support Services shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 30.9% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 67.3% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 41.8% and 57.3% respectively for Administrative and Support Services.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Camden Council area and Administrative and Support Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (17.0% compared to 9.7%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (10.1% compared to 6.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (9.2% compared to 14.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (8.9% compared to 13.5%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Camden Council area increased by 7,622 people (39.5%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Camden Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 40 hours (+2,596 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+2,560 people)
- 49 hours or more (+1,546 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+1,243 people)