50.4% of the resident workers (Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing) in Camden Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 58.7% in New South Wales.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Camden Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Camden Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Camden Council - Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||58||15.5||8.9||37||12.1||8.2||+21|
|16 hours - 24 hours||35||9.4||7.9||34||11.1||7.4||+1|
|25 hours - 34 hours||31||8.3||9.5||13||4.3||8.4||+18|
|35 hours - 39 hours||51||13.7||10.1||32||10.5||8.0||+19|
|41 hours - 48 hours||21||5.6||7.6||29||9.5||7.7||-8|
|49 hours or more||99||26.5||34.8||96||31.5||39.2||+3|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by Camden Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 34.9% of the resident workers in Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 64.1% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 29.3% and 68.8% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing) of Camden Council area and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (15.5% compared to 8.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (13.7% compared to 10.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (18.2% compared to 16.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (26.5% compared to 34.8%)
The number of the resident workers (Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Camden Council area increased by 34 people (16.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing) in Camden Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+21 persons)
- 40 hours (+20 persons)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+19 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+18 persons)