Camden Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
70.2% of the resident workers (Construction) in Camden Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 62.4% in New South Wales.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Camden Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Camden Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Camden Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||166||3.4||5.5||114||4.0||5.4||+52||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||234||4.8||6.6||123||4.3||6.1||+111||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||274||5.6||7.6||163||5.7||7.4||+111||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||639||13.0||14.2||322||11.3||12.3||+317||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||632||12.9||11.5||368||12.9||11.8||+264||22007|
|49 hours or more||1,353||27.6||22.2||829||29.2||23.8||+524||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Camden Council area's resident workers (Construction) in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 15.7% of the resident workers (Construction) worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 83.2% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 21.9% and 76.6% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Construction) of Camden Council area and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Construction) worked 49 hours or more (27.6% compared to 22.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Construction) worked 1 hour - 15 hours (3.4% compared to 5.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Construction) worked 25 hours - 34 hours (5.6% compared to 7.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Construction) worked 16 hours - 24 hours (4.8% compared to 6.6%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers (Construction) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Camden Council area increased by 1,745 people (74.7%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (Construction) in Camden Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 40 hours (+640 people)
- 49 hours or more (+524 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+317 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (+264 people)