Camden Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
32.7% of the resident workers (Retail Trade) in Camden Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 29.6% in New South Wales.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Camden Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Camden Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Camden Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||756||17.8||19.9||570||18.0||20.1||+186||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||544||12.8||14.9||445||14.1||13.8||+99||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||544||12.8||13.2||340||10.8||12.2||+204||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||818||19.2||18.0||506||16.0||16.5||+312||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||312||7.3||6.8||255||8.1||7.6||+57||22007|
|49 hours or more||499||11.7||10.0||455||14.4||11.8||+44||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Camden Council area's resident workers (Retail Trade) in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 46.7% of the resident workers (Retail Trade) worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 52.0% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 51.2% and 47.7% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Retail Trade) of Camden Council area and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Retail Trade) worked 49 hours or more (11.7% compared to 10.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Retail Trade) worked 35 hours - 39 hours (19.2% compared to 18.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Retail Trade) worked 1 hour - 15 hours (17.8% compared to 19.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Retail Trade) worked 16 hours - 24 hours (12.8% compared to 14.9%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers (Retail Trade) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Camden Council area increased by 578 people (35.4%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (Retail Trade) in Camden Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+312 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+204 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+186 people)
- 40 hours (+165 people)