Camden Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
48.7% of the resident workers (Other Services) in Camden Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 43.6% in New South Wales.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Camden Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Camden Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Camden Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||169||10.6||12.4||115||10.0||10.9||+54||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||125||7.9||10.5||75||6.5||9.2||+50||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||137||8.6||10.4||78||6.8||9.3||+59||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||335||21.1||19.6||226||19.7||18.5||+109||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||185||11.6||9.6||154||13.4||10.7||+31||22007|
|49 hours or more||259||16.3||14.4||201||17.5||16.6||+58||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Camden Council area's resident workers (Other Services) in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 29.1% of the resident workers (Other Services) worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 69.8% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.7% and 63.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Other Services) of Camden Council area and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Other Services) worked 41 hours - 48 hours (11.6% compared to 9.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Other Services) worked 49 hours or more (16.3% compared to 14.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Other Services) worked 16 hours - 24 hours (7.9% compared to 10.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Other Services) worked 25 hours - 34 hours (8.6% compared to 10.4%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers (Other Services) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Camden Council area increased by 276 people (33.1%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (Other Services) in Camden Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+109 people)
- 40 hours (+78 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+59 people)
- 49 hours or more (+58 people)