Camden Council area
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (All industries) Professionals in Camden Council area than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Camden Council area's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Camden Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Health Care and Social Assistance||Number||%||Health Care and Social Assistance||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||6,006||15.0||3.6||4,363||15.2||3.4||+1,643|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||4,055||10.1||30.9||2,750||9.6||30.8||+1,305|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||6,632||16.6||17.1||5,030||17.5||17.6||+1,602|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||3,264||8.2||0.7||2,402||8.4||1.1||+862|
|Inadequately described or not stated||735||1.8||0.9||430||1.5||1.0||+305|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Camden Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (7,140 people or 17.8%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (6,632 people or 16.6%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (6,006 people or 15.0%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 19,778 people in total or 49.4% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, the Health Care and Social Assistance workforce in Camden Council area employed 37.7% in Professionals; 17.1% in Clerical and Administrative Workers and 3.6% in Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of Camden Council area and Health Care and Social Assistance were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (10.1% compared to 30.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (17.8% compared to 37.7%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (15.0% compared to 3.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Sales Workers (10.0% compared to 0.6%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in Camden Council area increased by 11,262 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Camden Council area were those employed as:
- Professionals (+2,105 persons)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+1,643 persons)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (+1,602 persons)
- Managers (+1,390 persons)