Camden Council area
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
In Camden Council area, 17.1% of workers were Technicians and Trades Workers, compared to 23.6% in New South Wales.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in Camden Council area will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Camden Council area;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Camden Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||4,179||17.1||12.7||2,964||16.7||13.2||+1,215|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||2,588||10.6||10.4||1,864||10.5||9.5||+724|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||3,144||12.9||13.8||2,438||13.8||15.0||+706|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||2,502||10.2||6.1||1,747||9.9||6.4||+755|
|Inadequately described or not stated||409||1.7||1.8||281||1.6||1.8||+128|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in Camden Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (4,179 local workers or 17.1%)
- Professionals (3,705 local workers or 15.2%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (3,144 local workers or 12.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 11,028 people in total or 45.1% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, New South Wales employed 12.7% as Technicians and Trades Workers; 23.6% as Professionals and 13.8% as Clerical and Administrative Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in Camden Council area and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (15.2% compared to 23.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (17.1% compared to 12.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (10.2% compared to 6.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Managers (10.8% compared to 13.5%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in Camden Council area between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+1,215 local workers)
- Professionals (+1,006 local workers)
- Labourers (+822 local workers)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (+755 local workers)