There are more resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) qualified in Society and Culture in Cardinia Shire than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among Cardinia Shire's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in Cardinia Shire or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of Cardinia Shire, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|Cardinia Shire - Persons||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||15||2.1||2.2||3||0.6||1.9||+12|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||42||5.9||3.8||43||8.0||3.9||-1|
|Architecture and Building||6||0.8||1.4||5||0.9||1.4||+1|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||53||7.4||4.0||46||8.5||4.5||+7|
|Management and Commerce||54||7.6||13.9||37||6.9||12.2||+17|
|Society and Culture||98||13.7||11.5||54||10.0||11.0||+44|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||21||2.9||3.7||15||2.8||4.0||+6|
|Mixed Field Programmes||0||0||0.1||0||0||0.0||--|
|Not stated or inadequately described||22||3.1||3.1||14||2.6||3.5||+8|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the field of qualifications in Cardinia Shire shows that the three largest fields the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) were qualified in were:
- Society and Culture (98 people or 13.7%)
- Management and Commerce (54 people or 7.6%)
- Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies (53 people or 7.4%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 205 people in total or 28.7% of the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services).
In comparison, Victoria employed 11.5% in Society and Culture; 13.9% in Management and Commerce and 4.0% in Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) of Cardinia Shire and Victoria were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) qualified in Creative Arts (4.3% compared to 10.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) qualified in Management and Commerce (7.6% compared to 13.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) qualified in Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies (7.4% compared to 4.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) qualified in Society and Culture (13.7% compared to 11.5%)
The number of resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) in Cardinia Shire increased by 175 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (Arts and Recreation Services) between 2011 and 2016 in Cardinia Shire was for those qualified in:
- Society and Culture (+44 resident workers)
- Education (+26 resident workers)
- Management and Commerce (+17 resident workers)
- Natural and Physical Sciences (+12 resident workers)