Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Mining) machinery operators and drivers in Cardinia Shire than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Cardinia Shire's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria%||Number||%||Victoria%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||36||19.6||21.4||34||23.0||19.7||+2||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||--||--||0.6||--||--||0.5||--||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||16||8.7||8.1||13||8.8||9.4||+3||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||73||39.7||28.1||59||39.9||28.2||+14||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||3||1.6||1.5||3||2.0||2.0||0||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Mining) in Cardinia Shire in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (73 people or 39.7%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (36 people or 19.6%)
- Managers (30 people or 16.3%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 139 people in total or 75.5% of the resident workers (Mining).
In comparison, Victoria employed 28.1% in Machinery Operators And Drivers; 21.4% in Technicians and Trades Workers; and 14.5% in Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Mining) of Cardinia Shire and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Mining) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (39.7% compared to 28.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Mining) employed as Managers (16.3% compared to 14.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Mining) employed as Professionals (9.8% compared to 19.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Mining) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (19.6% compared to 21.4%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Mining)] in Cardinia Shire increased by 36 between 2011 and 2016.
There were no major changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Mining) between 2011 and 2016 in Cardinia Shire.