Local workers - Field of qualification - Education and Training
Education is the most common qualification for Education and Training workers in Cardinia Shire.
Field of Qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to the current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the workforce;
- The type of qualification required to enter an industry;
- The availability of jobs related to fields of qualification in Cardinia Shire;
- The types of occupations which are available in an area or industry.
The fields of qualification held by local workers in a particular industry are likely to show the type of skills required in that industry. Large numbers of a particular field of qualification in an industry may indicate that it is a pre-requisite for that industry. The presence of fields of qualification outside the main range of qualifications used in that industry may indicate that the industry values employees of a broad educational background, or that people haven't been able to find employment in their chosen field.
Field of Qualification information should be looked at in conjunction with Level of qualification and Occupation data for a clearer picture of the skills available for the local workers in Cardinia Shire.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers field of qualification - Summary|
|Cardinia Shire - Education and Training||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Victoria||Number||%||Victoria||2011 - 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||51||1.91||4.78||39||2.04||4.60||+12|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||34||1.27||2.63||25||1.31||2.57||+9|
|Architecture and Building||16||0.60||0.80||8||0.41||0.78||+8|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||21||0.78||0.80||6||0.31||0.79||+15|
|Management and Commerce||145||5.44||9.52||105||5.50||8.85||+40|
|Society and Culture||248||9.30||12.30||189||9.91||11.33||+59|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||28||1.05||1.15||19||0.99||1.13||+9|
|Mixed Field Programmes||--||0||0.09||--||0||0.07||--|
|Not stated or inadequately described||46||1.72||2.26||41||2.15||2.64||+5|
Analysis of the fields of qualifications of the Education and Training shows that the three largest fields of qualification were:
- Education (1,586 people or 59.5%)
- Society and Culture (248 people or 9.3%)
- Management and Commerce (145 people or 5.4%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 1,979 people in total or 674.3% of Education and Training.
In comparison, Victoria employed 42.8% in Education; 12.3% in Society and Culture and 9.5% in Management and Commerce.
The major differences between the fields of qualifications of the Education and Training workforce in Cardinia Shire and Victoria were:
- A larger percentage of local workers qualified in the field of Education (59.5% compared to 42.8%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers qualified in the field of Management and Commerce (5.4% compared to 9.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers qualified in the field of Society and Culture (9.3% compared to 12.3%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers qualified in the field of Natural and Physical Sciences (1.9% compared to 4.8%)
The largest changes in fields of qualifications of the Education and Training workforce in Cardinia Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Education (+494.00 local workers)
- Society and Culture (+59.00 local workers)
- Management and Commerce (+40.00 local workers)
- Creative Arts (+34.00 local workers)