Upper Lachlan Shire
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
Within Upper Lachlan Shire, the workforce has a similar proportion of Managers and Professionals compared to NSW.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local worers in Canberra Region will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Canberra Region;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 – by place of work
Please note: Currently only 2016 data are available for work destination. 2011 data are not comparable due to a change in methodology in 2016 which “imputed” a work destination to those workers who didn’t state their work destination. This means comparisons with earlier years should not be made. .id are currently sourcing data collected under the same methodology in 2011 which will be added to this page at a later date. For a detailed case study of this issue please visit our blog post.
|Local workers occupations|
|Upper Lachlan Shire - All industries||2016|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||NSW %|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||317||12.8||12.7||0||0.0||0.0||+317||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||236||9.5||10.4||0||0.0||0.0||+236||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||205||8.3||13.8||0||0.0||0.0||+205||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||107||4.3||6.1||0||0.0||0.0||+107||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||35||1.4||1.8||0||0.0||0.0||+35||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Compiled and presented in economy.id by .id, the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the in Upper Lachlan Shire in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (854 local workers or 34.4%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (317 local workers or 12.8%)
- Labourers (308 local workers or 12.4%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 1,479 people in total or 59.6% of the local workers .
In comparison, NSW employed 13.5% as Managers; 12.7% as Technicians and Trades Workers; and 8.8% as Labourers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the in Upper Lachlan Shire and NSW were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Managers (34.4% compared to 13.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (12.4% compared to 8.8%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (10.4% compared to 23.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (8.3% compared to 13.8%)