City of Charles Sturt
Local workers - Hours worked - All industries
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the City of Charles Sturt across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|City of Charles Sturt - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||5,410||13.6||12.8||5,100||12.7||12.0||+310|
|16 hours - 24 hours||4,134||10.4||10.4||3,862||9.6||9.9||+272|
|25 hours - 34 hours||5,548||13.9||13.1||4,707||11.7||11.8||+841|
|35 hours - 39 hours||8,850||22.2||20.6||8,590||21.3||20.0||+260|
|41 hours - 48 hours||3,340||8.4||9.2||4,060||10.1||10.4||-720|
|49 hours or more||4,482||11.2||13.0||5,047||12.5||14.5||-565|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the City of Charles Sturt in 2016 compared to South Australia within the City of Charles Sturt shows that there was a higher proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 41.2% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 57.4% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.2% respectively for South Australia within the City of Charles Sturt.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in the City of Charles Sturt and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 25 hours - 34 hours (13.9% compared to 13.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (22.2% compared to 20.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 41 hours - 48 hours (8.4% compared to 9.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (11.2% compared to 13.0%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in the City of Charles Sturt between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+841 local workers)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-720 local workers)
- 49 hours or more (-565 local workers)
- 40 hours (-334 local workers)