Coffs Harbour City
Resident workers - Field of qualification
There are more resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) qualified in Management and Commerce in Coffs Harbour City than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among Coffs Harbour City's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in Coffs Harbour City or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of Coffs Harbour City, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|Coffs Harbour City||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Transport, Postal and Warehousing%||Number||%||Transport, Postal and Warehousing%||2011 to 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||55||3.1||1.1||48||2.8||0.5||+7||30000||P|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||158||8.9||19.4||173||10.1||18.5||-15||50000||P|
|Architecture and Building||77||4.3||2.7||61||3.6||3.0||+16||60000||P|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||102||5.7||2.7||118||6.9||1.9||-16||70000||P|
|Management and Commerce||399||22.4||9.6||372||21.7||6.8||+27||91000||P|
|Society and Culture||347||19.5||3.3||280||16.3||2.8||+67||92000||P|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||29||1.6||3.4||17||1.0||1.8||+12||94000||P|
|Mixed Field Programmes||4||0.2||0.0||0||0.0||0.0||+4||95000||P|
|Not stated or inadequately described||41||2.3||4.9||65||3.8||4.1||-24||96000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the field of qualifications in Coffs Harbour City shows that the three largest fields the resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) were qualified in were:
- Management and Commerce (399 people or 22.4%)
- Society and Culture (347 people or 19.5%)
- Engineering and Related Technologies (158 people or 8.9%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 904 people in total or 50.8% of the resident workers (Public Administration and Safety).
In comparison, Transport, Postal and Warehousing employed 9.6% in Management and Commerce; 3.3% in Society and Culture; and 19.4% in Engineering and Related Technologies.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) of Coffs Harbour City and Transport, Postal and Warehousing were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) qualified in Society and Culture (19.5% compared to 3.3%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) qualified in Management and Commerce (22.4% compared to 9.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) qualified in Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies (5.7% compared to 2.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) qualified in Engineering and Related Technologies (8.9% compared to 19.4%)
The number of resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) in Coffs Harbour City increased by 61 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) between 2011 and 2016 in Coffs Harbour City was for those qualified in:
- Society and Culture (+67 people)