Coffs Harbour City
Resident workers - Hours worked
35.6% of the resident workers in Coffs Harbour City work 40 or more hours, compared to 22.8% in Accommodation and Food Services.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Coffs Harbour City's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Coffs Harbour City depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Coffs Harbour City||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Accommodation and Food Services%||Number||%||Accommodation and Food Services%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||4,106||13.9||32.2||3,866||13.8||27.7||+240||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||3,340||11.3||12.9||3,047||10.9||13.8||+293||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||4,277||14.4||15.1||3,771||13.5||14.2||+506||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||5,784||19.5||12.9||5,312||19.0||12.9||+472||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||2,215||7.5||5.7||2,278||8.1||5.9||-63||22007|
|49 hours or more||3,813||12.9||9.4||3,838||13.7||12.1||-25||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Coffs Harbour City's resident workers in 2016 compared to Accommodation and Food Services shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 43.1% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 55.1% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 62.9% and 35.7% respectively for Accommodation and Food Services.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Coffs Harbour City and Accommodation and Food Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (15.2% compared to 7.7%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (19.5% compared to 12.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (12.9% compared to 9.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (13.9% compared to 32.2%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Coffs Harbour City increased by 871 people (5.6%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Coffs Harbour City between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+506 people)
- 40 hours (+487 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+472 people)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+293 people)