76.5% of the resident workers (Mining) in Coffs Harbour City work 40 or more hours, compared to 47.5% in Victoria.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Coffs Harbour City's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Coffs Harbour City depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Coffs Harbour City Council - Mining||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Transport, Postal and Warehousing%||Number||%||Transport, Postal and Warehousing%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||0||0||9.4||3||3.4||10.7||-3|
|16 hours - 24 hours||3||3.1||12.1||7||7.9||8.1||-4|
|25 hours - 34 hours||3||3.1||12.5||0||0||11.3||+3|
|35 hours - 39 hours||8||8.2||13.2||9||10.1||12.3||-1|
|41 hours - 48 hours||18||18.4||9.9||6||6.7||10.5||+12|
|49 hours or more||48||49.0||21.8||50||56.2||27.0||-2|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by Coffs Harbour City's resident workers in 2016 compared to Transport, Postal and Warehousing shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 12.2% of the resident workers in Mining worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 84.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 38.0% and 60.8% respectively for Transport, Postal and Warehousing.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Mining) of Coffs Harbour City and the Transport, Postal and Warehousing workforce were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (3.1% compared to 12.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (3.1% compared to 12.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (18.4% compared to 9.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (49.0% compared to 21.8%)
The number of the resident workers (Mining) working full-time (35 hours or more) in Coffs Harbour City increased by 11 people (15.3%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (Mining) in Coffs Harbour City between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 41 hours - 48 hours (+12 persons)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (-4 persons)
- Not stated (+3 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+3 persons)