Coffs Harbour City
Resident workers - Hours worked
22.8% of the female resident workers in Coffs Harbour City work 40 or more hours, compared to 31.0% in New South Wales.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Coffs Harbour City's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Coffs Harbour City depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Coffs Harbour City - Females||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,666||18.1||14.6||2,529||18.4||14.8||+137||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||2,261||15.3||14.7||2,101||15.3||14.3||+160||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,795||18.9||14.6||2,464||17.9||14.0||+331||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||2,818||19.1||19.2||2,562||18.6||18.5||+256||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||718||4.9||6.5||703||5.1||7.1||+15||22007|
|49 hours or more||996||6.8||8.4||962||7.0||8.8||+34||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Coffs Harbour City's female resident workers in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 56.5% of the female resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 41.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 48.0% and 50.3% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the hours worked by the female resident workers of Coffs Harbour City and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of female resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (18.9% compared to 14.6%)
- A larger percentage of female resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (18.1% compared to 14.6%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers worked 40 hours (11.2% compared to 16.1%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers worked 49 hours or more (6.8% compared to 8.4%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the female resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Coffs Harbour City increased by 503 people (8.9%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the female resident workers in Coffs Harbour City between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+331 females)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+256 females)
- 40 hours (+198 females)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+160 females)