There are more resident workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) Technicians and Trades Workers in Coffs Harbour City than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Coffs Harbour City's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Coffs Harbour City||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||61||28.0||25.3||90||35.9||27.2||-29|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||--||0||0.4||--||0||0.4||--|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||29||13.3||15.8||32||12.7||18.0||-3|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||58||26.6||16.0||40||15.9||13.1||+18|
|Inadequately described or not stated||--||0||1.4||5||2.0||1.6||--|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Coffs Harbour City in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (61 people or 28.0%)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (58 people or 26.6%)
- Labourers (31 people or 14.2%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 150 people in total or 68.8% of the resident workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services).
In comparison, New South Wales employed 25.3% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 16.0% in Machinery Operators And Drivers and 7.7% in Labourers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) of Coffs Harbour City and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) employed as Professionals (5.5% compared to 17.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (26.6% compared to 16.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) employed as Labourers (14.2% compared to 7.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) employed as Managers (10.1% compared to 13.3%)
The number of resident workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) in Coffs Harbour City decreased by 33 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Coffs Harbour City were those employed as:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-29 persons)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (+18 persons)
- Professionals (-8 persons)
- Labourers (-6 persons)