There are more resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) Clerical and Administrative Workers in Coffs Harbour City than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Coffs Harbour City's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Coffs Harbour City||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Transport, Postal and Warehousing||Number||%||Transport, Postal and Warehousing||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||6||1.2||5.1||3||0.5||5.1||+3|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||4||0.8||3.1||3||0.5||2.2||+1|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||243||49.5||22.3||341||56.2||21.8||-98|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||--||0||46.0||7||1.2||48.6||--|
|Inadequately described or not stated||7||1.4||0.9||10||1.6||0.3||-3|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Coffs Harbour City in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (243 people or 49.5%)
- Professionals (137 people or 27.9%)
- Managers (65 people or 13.2%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 445 people in total or 90.6% of the resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services).
In comparison, the Transport, Postal and Warehousing workforce in Coffs Harbour City employed 22.3% in Clerical and Administrative Workers; 3.5% in Professionals and 8.9% in Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) of Coffs Harbour City and Transport, Postal and Warehousing were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (49.5% compared to 22.3%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) employed as Professionals (27.9% compared to 3.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) employed as Labourers (0.6% compared to 5.4%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) employed as Managers (13.2% compared to 8.9%)
The number of resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) in Coffs Harbour City decreased by 116 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Coffs Harbour City were those employed as:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-98 persons)
- Managers (-25 persons)
- Sales Workers (+12 persons)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+3 persons)