Coffs Harbour City
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Other Services) technicians and trades workers in Coffs Harbour City than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Coffs Harbour City's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Coffs Harbour City||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Transport, Postal and Warehousing%||Number||%||Transport, Postal and Warehousing%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||593||51.3||5.1||609||53.1||5.1||-16||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||158||13.7||3.1||140||12.2||2.2||+18||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||119||10.3||22.3||128||11.2||21.8||-9||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||15||1.3||46.0||25||2.2||48.6||-10||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||6||0.5||0.9||6||0.5||0.3||0||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Other Services) in Coffs Harbour City in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (593 people or 51.3%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (158 people or 13.7%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (119 people or 10.3%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 870 people in total or 75.2% of the resident workers (Other Services).
In comparison, Transport, Postal and Warehousing employed 5.1% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 3.1% in Community and Personal Service Workers; and 22.3% in Clerical and Administrative Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Other Services) of Coffs Harbour City and Transport, Postal and Warehousing were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (51.3% compared to 5.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (13.7% compared to 3.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (1.3% compared to 46.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (10.3% compared to 22.3%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Other Services)] in Coffs Harbour City increased by 10 between 2011 and 2016.
There were no major changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Other Services) between 2011 and 2016 in Coffs Harbour City.