Coffs Harbour City
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more female resident workers professionals in Coffs Harbour City than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Coffs Harbour City's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Coffs Harbour City - Females||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||New South Wales%||Number||%||New South Wales%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||625||4.2||4.2||581||4.2||4.3||+44||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||2,642||17.9||15.1||2,363||17.2||13.7||+279||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||3,111||21.1||22.0||3,244||23.6||24.5||-133||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||115||0.8||1.3||101||0.7||1.3||+14||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||208||1.4||1.6||164||1.2||1.6||+44||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the female resident workers in Coffs Harbour City in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (3,424 people or 23.2%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (3,111 people or 21.1%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (2,642 people or 17.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 9,177 people in total or 62.2% of the female resident workers .
In comparison, New South Wales employed 27.2% in Professionals; 22.0% in Clerical and Administrative Workers; and 15.1% in Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the female resident workers of Coffs Harbour City and New South Wales were:
- A larger percentage of female resident workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (17.9% compared to 15.1%)
- A larger percentage of female resident workers employed as Labourers (8.7% compared to 6.3%)
- A larger percentage of female resident workers employed as Sales Workers (13.6% compared to 11.7%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers employed as Professionals (23.2% compared to 27.2%)
The number of people in the female resident workers ] in Coffs Harbour City increased by 1,015 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the female resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Coffs Harbour City were for those employed as:
- Professionals (+536 females)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+279 females)
- Labourers (+234 females)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-133 females)