Coffs Harbour City
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In Coffs Harbour City, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to New South Wales.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Coffs Harbour City - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||6,276||21.7||32.6||5,191||19.0||27.9||+1,085|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||3,450||11.9||11.1||2,666||9.8||10.5||+784|
|Certificate I and II Level||563||1.9||1.2||552||2.0||1.4||+11|
|Certificate III & IV Level||7,163||24.8||18.7||6,616||24.3||18.8||+547|
|Certificate Level, nfd||760||2.6||2.3||640||2.3||1.9||+120|
|Inadequately described or not stated||848||2.9||2.9||1,235||4.5||4.5||-387|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Coffs Harbour City in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 63.1% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 34.0% had no qualifications, compared with 65.9% and 31.1% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of Coffs Harbour City and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (21.7% compared to 32.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (24.8% compared to 18.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (34.0% compared to 31.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (11.9% compared to 11.1%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in Coffs Harbour City between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+1,085 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+784 local workers)
- No qualification (-553 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+547 local workers)