Coffs Harbour City
Local workers - Qualifications - Information Media and Telecommunications
In Coffs Harbour City, the Information Media and Telecommunications workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Transport, Postal and Warehousing.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Coffs Harbour City - Information Media and Telecommunications||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Transport, Postal and Warehousing||Number||%||Transport, Postal and Warehousing||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||56||19.1||5.9||58||17.4||3.9||-2|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||32||10.9||8.2||38||11.4||4.2||-6|
|Certificate I and II Level||4||1.4||1.1||7||2.1||1.5||-3|
|Certificate III & IV Level||77||26.3||30.0||71||21.3||26.6||+6|
|Certificate Level, nfd||12||4.1||2.5||11||3.3||1.3||+1|
|Inadequately described or not stated||12||4.1||3.7||8||2.4||4.9||+4|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Coffs Harbour City in 2016 compared to Transport, Postal and Warehousing shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 61.8% of the workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) who held educational qualifications, and 34.1% had no qualifications, compared with 47.8% and 48.5% respectively for Transport, Postal and Warehousing.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Information Media and Telecommunications) of Coffs Harbour City and Transport, Postal and Warehousing were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) with No qualification (34.1% compared to 48.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) with Bachelor or Higher degree (19.1% compared to 5.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) with Certificate III & IV Level (26.3% compared to 30.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Information Media and Telecommunications) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (10.9% compared to 8.2%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Information Media and Telecommunications workforce in Coffs Harbour City between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-41 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+6 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (-6 local workers)
- Certificate I and II Level (-3 local workers)