Coffs Harbour City
Local workers - Qualifications - Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services
In Coffs Harbour City, the Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services workforce has a higher proportion with University qualifications compared to New South Wales.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Coffs Harbour City - Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||New South Wales||Number||%||New South Wales||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||18||7.8||25.1||15||5.8||21.8||+3|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||25||10.8||12.4||19||7.4||11.1||+6|
|Certificate I and II Level||3||1.3||0.8||4||1.6||1.0||-1|
|Certificate III & IV Level||92||39.7||32.5||126||49.0||33.0||-34|
|Certificate Level, nfd||--||0||1.9||5||1.9||1.8||--|
|Inadequately described or not stated||4||1.7||2.0||14||5.4||3.1||-10|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in Coffs Harbour City in 2016 compared to New South Wales shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 59.5% of the workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) who held educational qualifications, and 38.8% had no qualifications, compared with 72.7% and 25.3% respectively for New South Wales.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) of Coffs Harbour City and New South Wales were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (7.8% compared to 25.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) with No qualification (38.8% compared to 25.3%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) with Certificate III & IV Level (39.7% compared to 32.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (10.8% compared to 12.4%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services workforce in Coffs Harbour City between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Certificate III & IV Level (-34 local workers)
- No qualification (+16 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+6 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+3 local workers)