In Coffs Harbour City, 19.2% of workers were Professionals, compared to 30.2% in Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in Coffs Harbour City will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Coffs Harbour City;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Coffs Harbour City - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||Number||%||Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||3,515||12.2||22.8||3,513||12.9||30.2||+2|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||3,727||12.9||0||3,336||12.2||0||+391|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||4,017||13.9||11.2||4,091||15.0||10.9||-74|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,471||5.1||30.2||1,410||5.2||20.2||+61|
|Inadequately described or not stated||477||1.7||1.3||391||1.4||1.2||+86|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in Coffs Harbour City in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (5,554 local workers or 19.2%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (4,017 local workers or 13.9%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (3,727 local workers or 12.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 13,298 people in total or 46.0% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, the Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services workforce in Coffs Harbour City employed 8.2% as Professionals; 11.2% as Clerical and Administrative Workers and 0% as Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in Coffs Harbour City and Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (5.1% compared to 30.2%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (19.2% compared to 8.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (12.2% compared to 22.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (11.4% compared to 4.7%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in Coffs Harbour City between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Labourers (+582 local workers)
- Professionals (+473 local workers)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+391 local workers)
- Managers (+112 local workers)