Coffs Harbour City
Local workers - Occupations - Information Media and Telecommunications
In Coffs Harbour City (Information Media and Telecommunications), 24.9% of workers were Professionals, compared to 25.0% in Wholesale Trade.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in Coffs Harbour City will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Coffs Harbour City;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Coffs Harbour City - Information Media and Telecommunications||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Wholesale Trade||Number||%||Wholesale Trade||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||57||19.5||9.2||51||15.3||7.5||+6|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||--||0||1.1||--||0||0||--|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||69||23.5||15.7||64||19.2||15.7||+5|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||--||0||18.0||8||2.4||16.8||--|
|Inadequately described or not stated||5||1.7||0||4||1.2||1.0||+1|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the Information Media and Telecommunications workforce in Coffs Harbour City in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (73 local workers or 24.9%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (69 local workers or 23.5%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (57 local workers or 19.5%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 199 people in total or 67.9% of the Information Media and Telecommunications local workers.
In comparison, the Wholesale Trade workforce in Coffs Harbour City employed 5.0% as Professionals; 15.7% as Clerical and Administrative Workers and 9.2% as Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the Information Media and Telecommunications workforce in Coffs Harbour City and Wholesale Trade were:
- A larger percentage of local workers(Information Media and Telecommunications) employed as Professionals (24.9% compared to 5.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers(Information Media and Telecommunications) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (19.5% compared to 9.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Information Media and Telecommunications) employed as Sales Workers (17.1% compared to 25.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers(Information Media and Telecommunications) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (23.5% compared to 15.7%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the Information Media and Telecommunications workforce in Coffs Harbour City between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Labourers (-34 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+6 local workers)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (+5 local workers)
- Professionals (-5 local workers)