In Coffs Harbour City, 19.2% of workers were Professionals, compared to 46.0% in Transport, Postal and Warehousing.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in Coffs Harbour City will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Coffs Harbour City;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Coffs Harbour City - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Transport, Postal and Warehousing||Number||%||Transport, Postal and Warehousing||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||3,515||12.2||4.8||3,513||12.9||5.3||+2|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||3,727||12.9||2.5||3,336||12.2||0.9||+391|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||4,017||13.9||23.1||4,091||15.0||22.5||-74|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||1,471||5.1||46.0||1,410||5.2||50.4||+61|
|Inadequately described or not stated||477||1.7||1.0||391||1.4||0||+86|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in Coffs Harbour City in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (5,554 local workers or 19.2%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (4,017 local workers or 13.9%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (3,727 local workers or 12.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 13,298 people in total or 46.0% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, the Transport, Postal and Warehousing workforce in Coffs Harbour City employed 3.2% as Professionals; 23.1% as Clerical and Administrative Workers and 2.5% as Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in Coffs Harbour City and Transport, Postal and Warehousing were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (5.1% compared to 46.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (19.2% compared to 3.2%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (12.9% compared to 2.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (13.9% compared to 23.1%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in Coffs Harbour City between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Labourers (+582 local workers)
- Professionals (+473 local workers)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+391 local workers)
- Managers (+112 local workers)