In Coffs Harbour City (Retail Trade), 56.2% of workers were Sales Workers, compared to 46.0% in Transport, Postal and Warehousing.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in Coffs Harbour City will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in Coffs Harbour City;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Coffs Harbour City - Retail Trade||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Transport, Postal and Warehousing||Number||%||Transport, Postal and Warehousing||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||270||7.1||4.8||258||6.6||5.3||+12|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||35||0.9||2.5||36||0.9||0.9||-1|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||201||5.3||23.1||247||6.3||22.5||-46|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||116||3.1||46.0||113||2.9||50.4||+3|
|Inadequately described or not stated||14||0.4||1.0||21||0.5||0||-7|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the Retail Trade workforce in Coffs Harbour City in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Sales Workers (2,124 local workers or 56.2%)
- Managers (580 local workers or 15.3%)
- Labourers (345 local workers or 9.1%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 3,049 people in total or 80.7% of the Retail Trade local workers.
In comparison, the Transport, Postal and Warehousing workforce in Coffs Harbour City employed 4.7% as Sales Workers; 9.0% as Managers and 5.6% as Labourers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the Retail Trade workforce in Coffs Harbour City and Transport, Postal and Warehousing were:
- A larger percentage of local workers(Retail Trade) employed as Sales Workers (56.2% compared to 4.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Retail Trade) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (3.1% compared to 46.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Retail Trade) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (5.3% compared to 23.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers(Retail Trade) employed as Managers (15.3% compared to 9.0%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the Retail Trade workforce in Coffs Harbour City between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Sales Workers (-75 local workers)
- Managers (-74 local workers)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-46 local workers)
- Professionals (+17 local workers)