Resident workers - Field of qualification
There are more resident workers (Wholesale Trade) qualified in Management and Commerce in the Cook Shire than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among the Cook Shire's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in the Cook Shire or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of the Cook Shire, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||0||0.0||1.4||0||0.0||1.2||0||30000||P|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||0||0.0||16.3||0||0.0||14.3||0||50000||P|
|Architecture and Building||0||0.0||2.3||0||0.0||2.1||0||60000||P|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||0||0.0||1.9||0||0.0||1.8||0||70000||P|
|Management and Commerce||3||37.5||17.2||0||0.0||13.2||+3||91000||P|
|Society and Culture||0||0.0||3.0||0||0.0||2.3||0||92000||P|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||0||0.0||3.2||0||0.0||3.6||0||94000||P|
|Mixed Field Programmes||0||0.0||0.1||0||0.0||0.1||0||95000||P|
|Not stated or inadequately described||0||0.0||2.1||0||0.0||2.9||0||96000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the field of qualifications in the Cook Shire shows that the three largest fields the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) were qualified in were:
- Management and Commerce (3 people or 37.5%)
- Natural and Physical Sciences (0 people or 0.0%)
- Information Technology (0 people or 0.0%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 3 people in total or 37.5% of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade).
In comparison, Queensland employed 17.2% in Management and Commerce; 1.4% in Natural and Physical Sciences; and 1.9% in Information Technology.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) of the Cook Shire and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) qualified in Management and Commerce (37.5% compared to 17.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) qualified in Engineering and Related Technologies (0.0% compared to 16.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) qualified in Food, Hospitality and Personal Services (0.0% compared to 3.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) qualified in Society and Culture (0.0% compared to 3.0%)
The number of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) in the Cook Shire decreased by 1 between 2011 and 2016.
There were no major changes in field of qualifications held by the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) between 2011 and 2016 in the Cook Shire.