Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Construction) technicians and trades workers in the Cook Shire than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Cook Shire's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||68||37.8||47.2||65||41.1||47.0||+3||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||--||--||0.2||--||--||0.2||--||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||12||6.7||10.5||14||8.9||11.4||-2||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||53||29.4||8.6||45||28.5||9.7||+8||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||--||--||0.9||--||--||0.9||--||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Construction) in Cook Shire in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (68 people or 37.8%)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (53 people or 29.4%)
- Labourers (30 people or 16.7%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 151 people in total or 83.9% of the resident workers (Construction).
In comparison, Queensland employed 47.2% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 8.6% in Machinery Operators And Drivers; and 16.0% in Labourers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Construction) of the Cook Shire and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Construction) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (29.4% compared to 8.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Construction) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (37.8% compared to 47.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Construction) employed as Managers (7.2% compared to 11.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Construction) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (6.7% compared to 10.5%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Construction)] in Cook Shire increased by 22 between 2011 and 2016.
There were no major changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Construction) between 2011 and 2016 in the Cook Shire.