Local workers - Qualifications - Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services
In the Cook Shire, the Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Queensland.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Cook Shire - Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||--||0||22.7||0||0||21.8||--|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||--||0||12.7||0||0||10.8||--|
|Certificate I and II Level||--||0||0.9||0||0||0.9||--|
|Certificate III & IV Level||10||62.5||34.3||10||62.5||32.8||--|
|Certificate Level, nfd||--||0||1.3||0||0||1.1||--|
|Inadequately described or not stated||--||0||1.9||0||0||2.8||--|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Cook Shire in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 62.5% of the workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) who held educational qualifications, and 37.5% had no qualifications, compared with 72.0% and 26.1% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) of the Cook Shire and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of local workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) with Certificate III & IV Level (62.5% compared to 34.3%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services) with No qualification (37.5% compared to 26.1%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services workforce in the Cook Shire between 2011 and 2016 were: