38.4% of the resident workers (All industries) in the Cradle Coast Region work 40 or more hours, compared to 36.6% in Tasmania.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Cradle Coast Region's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Cradle Coast Region depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Cradle Coast Region - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Tasmania%||Number||%||Tasmania%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||5,856||13.2||13.2||5,602||12.2||12.5||+254|
|16 hours - 24 hours||4,908||11.1||11.1||4,678||10.2||10.7||+230|
|25 hours - 34 hours||5,681||12.8||13.3||5,174||11.3||11.9||+507|
|35 hours - 39 hours||7,916||17.8||19.7||7,792||17.0||19.2||+124|
|41 hours - 48 hours||4,074||9.2||8.7||4,741||10.3||9.5||-667|
|49 hours or more||6,403||14.4||12.5||7,194||15.7||13.2||-791|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the Cradle Coast Region's resident workers in 2016 compared to Tasmania shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 41.8% of the resident workers in All industries worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 56.3% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 42.0% and 56.2% respectively for Tasmania.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) of the Cradle Coast Region and Tasmania were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (17.8% compared to 19.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.8% compared to 15.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (9.2% compared to 8.7%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (14.4% compared to 12.5%)
The number of the resident workers (All industries) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Cradle Coast Region decreased by 2129 people (-7.9%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (All industries) in the Cradle Coast Region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 40 hours (-795 persons)
- 49 hours or more (-791 persons)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-667 persons)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+507 persons)