Cradle Coast Region
Resident workers - Hours worked
38.4% of the resident workers in the Cradle Coast Region work 40 or more hours, compared to 33.6% in Information Media and Telecommunications.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the Cradle Coast Region's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the Cradle Coast Region depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Cradle Coast Region||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Information Media and Telecommunications%||Number||%||Information Media and Telecommunications%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||5,856||13.2||12.3||5,602||12.2||16.6||+254||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||4,908||11.1||7.8||4,678||10.2||8.4||+230||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||5,681||12.8||12.3||5,174||11.3||11.1||+507||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||7,916||17.8||27.6||7,792||17.0||27.1||+124||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||4,074||9.2||9.7||4,741||10.3||8.1||-667||22007|
|49 hours or more||6,403||14.4||7.8||7,194||15.7||8.1||-791||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the Cradle Coast Region's resident workers in 2016 compared to Information Media and Telecommunications shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 41.8% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 56.3% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 38.8% and 61.2% respectively for Information Media and Telecommunications.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of the Cradle Coast Region and Information Media and Telecommunications were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (14.4% compared to 7.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (11.1% compared to 7.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked Not stated (1.9% compared to 0.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (17.8% compared to 27.6%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Cradle Coast Region decreased by 2,129 people (7.9%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in the Cradle Coast Region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 40 hours (-795 people)
- 49 hours or more (-791 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-667 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+507 people)