34.0% of the resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) in the Cradle Coast Region work 40 or more hours, compared to 29.0% in Victoria.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Cradle Coast Region's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Cradle Coast Region depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Cradle Coast Region - Public Administration and Safety||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services%||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||142||6.4||29.3||163||5.9||25.4||-21|
|16 hours - 24 hours||236||10.6||11.0||253||9.2||12.4||-17|
|25 hours - 34 hours||295||13.3||11.0||303||11.0||11.7||-8|
|35 hours - 39 hours||639||28.7||9.8||813||29.5||16.0||-174|
|41 hours - 48 hours||206||9.3||3.5||267||9.7||6.8||-61|
|49 hours or more||185||8.3||11.2||237||8.6||10.7||-52|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the Cradle Coast Region's resident workers in 2016 compared to Arts and Recreation Services shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 36.8% of the resident workers in Public Administration and Safety worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 62.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 60.0% and 38.9% respectively for Arts and Recreation Services.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) of the Cradle Coast Region and the Arts and Recreation Services workforce were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (6.4% compared to 29.3%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (28.7% compared to 9.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (9.3% compared to 3.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (8.3% compared to 11.2%)
The number of the resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Cradle Coast Region decreased by 402 people (-22.4%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) in the Cradle Coast Region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (-174 persons)
- 40 hours (-115 persons)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-61 persons)
- None (-57 persons)