Circular Head Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
43.1% of the resident workers in Circular Head Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 0.0% in Arts and Recreation Services.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Circular Head Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Circular Head Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Circular Head Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services%||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||407||11.3||0.0||402||11.0||0.0||+5||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||381||10.6||0.0||354||9.7||0.0||+27||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||409||11.4||0.0||409||11.2||33.3||0||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||590||16.4||50.0||616||16.9||33.3||-26||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||331||9.2||0.0||333||9.1||33.3||-2||22007|
|49 hours or more||682||19.0||0.0||697||19.1||0.0||-15||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Circular Head Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to Arts and Recreation Services shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 38.6% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 59.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 50.0% and 50.0% respectively for Arts and Recreation Services.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Circular Head Council area and Arts and Recreation Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (19.0% compared to 0.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.9% compared to 0.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked None (5.3% compared to 50.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (16.4% compared to 50.0%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Circular Head Council area decreased by 54 people (2.5%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Circular Head Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Not stated (-33 people)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+27 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (-26 people)
- 49 hours or more (-15 people)