Cradle Coast Region
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Manufacturing) labourers in the Cradle Coast Region than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Cradle Coast Region's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Cradle Coast Region||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services%||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||1,007||23.9||18.9||1,601||28.5||17.2||-594||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||67||1.6||23.2||55||1.0||21.1||+12||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||307||7.3||7.6||415||7.4||12.5||-108||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||523||12.4||--||837||14.9||1.0||-314||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||79||1.9||--||94||1.7||1.0||-15||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Manufacturing) in Cradle Coast Region in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Labourers (1,348 people or 32.0%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (1,007 people or 23.9%)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (523 people or 12.4%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 2,878 people in total or 68.4% of the resident workers (Manufacturing).
In comparison, Arts and Recreation Services employed 15.0% in Labourers; 18.9% in Technicians and Trades Workers; and % in Machinery Operators And Drivers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Manufacturing) of the Cradle Coast Region and Arts and Recreation Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Manufacturing) employed as Labourers (32.0% compared to 15.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Manufacturing) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (12.4% compared to 0.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Manufacturing) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (1.6% compared to 23.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Manufacturing) employed as Professionals (5.8% compared to 17.7%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Manufacturing)] in Cradle Coast Region decreased by 1,405 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Manufacturing) between 2011 and 2016 in the Cradle Coast Region were for those employed as:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-594 people)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-314 people)
- Labourers (-204 people)
- Managers (-112 people)