Coastal Urban Economic Region
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Manufacturing) labourers in Coastal Urban Economic Region than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Cradle Coast Region's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Coastal Urban Economic Region||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services%||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||850||26.5||15.5||1,365||31.4||16.8||-515||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||52||1.6||25.8||37||0.9||22.5||+15||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||248||7.7||7.6||348||8.0||13.9||-100||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||391||12.2||--||645||14.9||1.2||-254||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||49||1.5||--||65||1.5||1.2||-16||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Manufacturing) in Coastal Urban Economic Region in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Labourers (927 people or 28.9%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (850 people or 26.5%)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (391 people or 12.2%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 2,168 people in total or 67.6% of the resident workers (Manufacturing).
In comparison, Arts and Recreation Services employed 13.1% in Labourers; 15.5% in Technicians and Trades Workers; and % in Machinery Operators And Drivers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Manufacturing) of Coastal Urban Economic Region and Arts and Recreation Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Manufacturing) employed as Labourers (28.9% compared to 13.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Manufacturing) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (12.2% compared to 0.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Manufacturing) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (26.5% compared to 15.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Manufacturing) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (1.6% compared to 25.8%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Manufacturing)] in Coastal Urban Economic Region decreased by 1,135 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Manufacturing) between 2011 and 2016 in Coastal Urban Economic Region were for those employed as:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-515 people)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-254 people)
- Managers (-107 people)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-100 people)