Coastal Urban Economic Region
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Wholesale Trade) sales workers in Coastal Urban Economic Region than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Cradle Coast Region's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Coastal Urban Economic Region||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services%||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||148||15.8||15.5||263||17.1||16.8||-115||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||7||0.7||25.8||10||0.7||22.5||-3||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||121||12.9||7.6||165||10.7||13.9||-44||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||142||15.1||--||194||12.6||1.2||-52||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||4||0.4||--||22||1.4||1.2||-18||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) in Coastal Urban Economic Region in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Sales Workers (175 people or 18.7%)
- Managers (149 people or 15.9%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (148 people or 15.8%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 472 people in total or 50.3% of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade).
In comparison, Arts and Recreation Services employed 4.0% in Sales Workers; 17.6% in Managers; and 15.5% in Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) of Coastal Urban Economic Region and Arts and Recreation Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (15.1% compared to 0.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Sales Workers (18.7% compared to 4.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (0.7% compared to 25.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Wholesale Trade) employed as Professionals (9.1% compared to 16.4%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Wholesale Trade)] in Coastal Urban Economic Region decreased by 600 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Wholesale Trade) between 2011 and 2016 in Coastal Urban Economic Region were for those employed as:
- Labourers (-213 people)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-115 people)
- Sales Workers (-87 people)
- Managers (-63 people)