Cradle Coast Region
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Accommodation and Food Services) community and personal service workers in the Cradle Coast Region than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Cradle Coast Region's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Cradle Coast Region||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services%||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||409||12.8||18.9||401||12.5||17.2||+8||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||807||25.4||23.2||850||26.5||21.1||-43||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||93||2.9||7.6||121||3.8||12.5||-28||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||30||0.9||--||42||1.3||1.0||-12||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||29||0.9||--||32||1.0||1.0||-3||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Accommodation and Food Services) in Cradle Coast Region in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (807 people or 25.4%)
- Labourers (805 people or 25.3%)
- Managers (529 people or 16.6%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 2,141 people in total or 67.3% of the resident workers (Accommodation and Food Services).
In comparison, Arts and Recreation Services employed 23.2% in Community and Personal Service Workers; 15.0% in Labourers; and 13.8% in Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Accommodation and Food Services) of the Cradle Coast Region and Arts and Recreation Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Accommodation and Food Services) employed as Sales Workers (14.4% compared to 3.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Accommodation and Food Services) employed as Labourers (25.3% compared to 15.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Accommodation and Food Services) employed as Professionals (0.7% compared to 17.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Accommodation and Food Services) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (12.8% compared to 18.9%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Accommodation and Food Services)] in Cradle Coast Region decreased by 20 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers (Accommodation and Food Services) between 2011 and 2016 in the Cradle Coast Region was for those employed as:
- Sales Workers (+112 people)