Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) clerical and administrative workers in Murchison Area than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of Cradle Coast Region's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services%||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||42||8.4||19.5||55||8.9||16.7||-13||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||94||18.8||23.4||133||21.5||20.4||-39||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||114||22.8||3.9||141||22.7||7.4||-27||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||31||6.2||--||40||6.5||--||-9||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||10||2.0||--||7||1.1||--||+3||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) in Murchison Area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (114 people or 22.8%)
- Professionals (107 people or 21.4%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (94 people or 18.8%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 315 people in total or 63.1% of the resident workers (Public Administration and Safety).
In comparison, Arts and Recreation Services employed 3.9% in Clerical and Administrative Workers; 31.2% in Professionals; and 23.4% in Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) of Murchison Area and Arts and Recreation Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (22.8% compared to 3.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (6.2% compared to 0.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (8.4% compared to 19.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) employed as Professionals (21.4% compared to 31.2%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Public Administration and Safety)] in Murchison Area decreased by 121 between 2011 and 2016.
There were no major changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Public Administration and Safety) between 2011 and 2016 in Murchison Area.