Cradle Coast Region
Resident workers - Qualifications
36.9% of the resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) in the Cradle Coast Region have qualifications, compared to 31.9% for Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services.
Education is an essential means of building the knowledge and skill levels of the labour force, which is a key factor in achieving future economic and social development.
The level of educational attainment for the Cradle Coast Region's resident workforce relates to a number of factors including:
- The age structure of the resident workforce;
- The professional or social ambitions of people to obtain qualifications (that is, to seek education and retraining);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling, and;
- The knowledge and skill requirements of the local industries.
Qualification should be looked at in conjunction with Income, Occupation and Field of qualification for a clearer picture of the knowledge and skill level of Cradle Coast Region's local resident workers.
When comparing the Qualifications of local resident worker with local workers, Qualifications statistics indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers qualifications|
|Cradle Coast Region||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services%||Number||%||Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services%||2011 to 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||72||13.8||7.0||62||9.6||5.6||+10||25001|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||90||17.3||17.6||90||13.9||13.6||0||25002|
|Certificate I and II Level||5||1.0||1.8||19||2.9||2.6||-14||25005|
|Certificate III & IV Level||102||19.6||28.0||119||18.3||27.1||-17||25006|
|Certificate Level, nfd||25||4.8||5.5||16||2.5||1.3||+9||25007|
|Inadequately described or not stated||11||2.1||1.5||17||2.6||3.7||-6||25009|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the qualifications of the resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) in the Cradle Coast Region in 2016 compared to Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services shows that there was a higher proportion of people holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), as well as a higher proportion of people with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 36.9% of the resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) held educational qualifications, and 41.5% had no qualifications, compared with 31.9% and 38.5% respectively for Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services.
The major differences between qualifications held by the resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) of the Cradle Coast Region and Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) with Bachelor or Higher degrees (13.8% compared to 7.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) with No qualifications (41.5% compared to 38.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) with Certificate III & IV Levels (19.6% compared to 28.0%)
The largest change in the qualifications held by the resident workers (Financial and Insurance Services) in the Cradle Coast Region between 2011 and 2016 was:
- No qualifications (-110 people )