Murchison - Burnie Economic Region
Local workers - Hours worked - All industries
39.2% of All industries local workers in the Murchison - Burnie Economic Region are employed part-time and 58.9% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the Murchison - Burnie Economic Region across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|Murchison - Burnie Economic Region - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services%||Number||%||Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||2,476||12.1||5.9||2,429||11.2||9.5||+47|
|16 hours - 24 hours||2,168||10.6||8.3||2,046||9.5||9.5||+122|
|25 hours - 34 hours||2,452||12.0||10.7||2,305||10.7||13.3||+147|
|35 hours - 39 hours||3,743||18.3||33.1||3,660||16.9||27.0||+83|
|41 hours - 48 hours||2,001||9.8||13.0||2,358||10.9||9.0||-357|
|49 hours or more||3,330||16.3||14.8||3,968||18.3||10.4||-638|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the Murchison - Burnie Economic Region in 2016 compared to the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce within the Murchison - Burnie Economic Region shows that there was a higher proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 39.2% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 58.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 24.9% and 75.1% respectively for the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce within the Murchison - Burnie Economic Region.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in the Murchison - Burnie Economic Region and the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who did not work (4.4% compared to 0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (12.1% compared to 5.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (18.3% compared to 33.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 41 hours - 48 hours (9.8% compared to 13.0%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in the Murchison - Burnie Economic Region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-638 local workers)
- 40 hours (-422 local workers)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-357 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+147 local workers)