Cradle Coast Region
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the Cradle Coast Region, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Tasmania.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Cradle Coast Region - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Tasmania||Number||%||Tasmania||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||6,210||14.6||22.6||5,628||12.8||19.8||+582|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||3,845||9.1||9.2||3,307||7.5||8.2||+538|
|Certificate I and II Level||881||2.1||1.8||933||2.1||1.8||-52|
|Certificate III & IV Level||11,688||27.5||24.0||11,610||26.4||23.1||+78|
|Certificate Level, nfd||1,071||2.5||2.3||674||1.5||1.4||+397|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,399||3.3||2.9||1,867||4.2||4.1||-468|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Cradle Coast Region in 2016 compared to Tasmania shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 55.8% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 40.9% had no qualifications, compared with 59.9% and 37.2% respectively for Tasmania.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the Cradle Coast Region and Tasmania were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (14.6% compared to 22.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (40.9% compared to 37.2%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (27.5% compared to 24.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Inadequately described or not stated (3.3% compared to 2.9%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the Cradle Coast Region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-2,632 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+582 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+538 local workers)
- Certificate Level, nfd (+397 local workers)