Cradle Coast Region
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Cradle Coast Region - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||Number||%||Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||6,210||14.6||7.2||5,628||12.8||4.0||+582|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||3,845||9.1||18.5||3,307||7.5||13.4||+538|
|Certificate I and II Level||881||2.1||0||933||2.1||2.2||-52|
|Certificate III & IV Level||11,688||27.5||26.4||11,610||26.4||26.8||+78|
|Certificate Level, nfd||1,071||2.5||6.3||674||1.5||1.3||+397|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,399||3.3||3.4||1,867||4.2||5.1||-468|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Cradle Coast Region in 2016 compared to Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 55.8% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 40.9% had no qualifications, compared with 58.5% and 38.1% respectively for Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the Cradle Coast Region and Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (9.1% compared to 18.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (14.6% compared to 7.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Certificate Level, nfd (2.5% compared to 6.3%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (40.9% compared to 38.1%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the Cradle Coast Region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-2,632 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+582 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+538 local workers)
- Certificate Level, nfd (+397 local workers)