Circular Head Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - Public Administration and Safety
In the Circular Head Council area, the Public Administration and Safety workforce has a higher proportion with University qualifications compared to Arts and Recreation Services.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Circular Head Council area - Public Administration and Safety||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services||Number||%||Arts and Recreation Services||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||13||15.7||0||18||18.6||0||-5|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||15||18.1||20.0||16||16.5||35.3||-1|
|Certificate I and II Level||--||0||0||3||3.1||0||--|
|Certificate III & IV Level||27||32.5||40.0||25||25.8||17.6||+2|
|Certificate Level, nfd||--||0||0||3||3.1||0||--|
|Inadequately described or not stated||4||4.8||0||4||4.1||0||--|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Circular Head Council area in 2016 compared to Arts and Recreation Services shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 66.3% of the workers (Public Administration and Safety) who held educational qualifications, and 28.9% had no qualifications, compared with 60.0% and 40.0% respectively for Arts and Recreation Services.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Public Administration and Safety) of the Circular Head Council area and Arts and Recreation Services were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Public Administration and Safety) with No qualification (28.9% compared to 40.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Public Administration and Safety) with Certificate III & IV Level (32.5% compared to 40.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Public Administration and Safety) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (18.1% compared to 20.0%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Public Administration and Safety workforce in the Circular Head Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (-5 local workers)
- No qualification (-4 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+2 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (-1 local workers)