Cradle Coast Region
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
In the Cradle Coast Region, 14.9% of workers were Labourers, compared to 54.7% in Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the Cradle Coast Region will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the Cradle Coast Region;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Cradle Coast Region - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||Number||%||Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||6,145||14.5||6.2||7,076||16.1||3.0||-931|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||5,037||11.9||0.7||4,727||10.7||0.7||+310|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||4,909||11.6||18.5||5,173||11.8||22.4||-264|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||3,471||8.2||2.7||4,031||9.2||1.4||-560|
|Inadequately described or not stated||783||1.8||2.1||670||1.5||0.7||+113|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in the Cradle Coast Region in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Labourers (6,305 local workers or 14.9%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (6,145 local workers or 14.5%)
- Professionals (6,050 local workers or 14.3%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 18,500 people in total or 43.6% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, the Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services workforce in the Cradle Coast Region employed 2.3% as Labourers; 6.2% as Technicians and Trades Workers and 7.7% as Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in the Cradle Coast Region and Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (10.5% compared to 54.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (14.9% compared to 2.3%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (11.9% compared to 0.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (14.5% compared to 6.2%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in the Cradle Coast Region between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-931 local workers)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-560 local workers)
- Managers (-378 local workers)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+310 local workers)